Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2011 Wag n' Walk

Hey blogger furiends...

Like we had mentioned in our last post, this weekend was filled with fun activities. First was Swisher's birthday, and second was the annual Wag n' Walk. This past Saturday was the 3rd year in a row we have participated and are happy to contribute. The event is a 2-4 mile walk benefiting the SPCA for the Monterey County. This fundraiser helps our SPCA care for more than 5,500 homeless animals each year.


We like to do the walk because it's a great cause, we have so much fun, and we get to meet lots of new pups and people! Like this little girl.. she wanted to take me home 'cause she said I was cute. But Mom said no. Bol.


We like to wear fun shirts to the walk...

But my brother pee'd all over his shirt so he got to sport a pretty cool scarf.

Some take it to the next level ... A Bride.

A Bumblbee.

Hula dancer.

A Gypsy?

Hippies.

We met big friends.

Little friends.

Look-a-like friends.
Hey you look like my brother Swish.

I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her...
Kitty?? No, my girl is cuter.
(No offense, Boston. Yes her name was Boston.)


And possible 'future family' friends.
(Mom wants a Frenchie)

I don't think Swisher would mind another pup in the house...
...but then I wouldn't be the baby anymore.
I don't know about this.



I'm not sure this guy understands the point of the WALK.
Mighty big pup.



Through out the walk there are pit stops, for treats and water. I don't like to drink out of water bowls that other dogs have been drinking out of, so Mom has to pour water in a cup and let me drink from there.


How much longer is this walk anyway? Ok let's head back.


All participants receive lunch snack bags, and Mom and Aunt V shared with us.

There's also an agility coarse that I have yet to try. I don't know, looks a little dangerous.
Swisher tried to coach me through, but I wouldn't budge. Maybe next year.

But Swish is will do almost anything for a treat...
He was all about it. He showed off in front of the camera and made it on to our local evening news!

*side note from Swisher: Who wants my pawtograph? Bol*

By the end of the walk were sure tired...
...and yes, our dogs were barking! Bol.


We can't wait 'till next year to do it all over again. I apawlogize for the long post.


Lots of Licks,
Oakley

5 comments:

  1. WOW! What a fun walkie you had!!!

    I'm the SAME WAY about my water bowls too! If another dog has gone NEAR it, FORGET IT! I once saw a boxer licking his own junk, so I'm not taking any chances sharing a bowl with ANYONE else!!!!

    Mom says you're both "freakin' adorable" but she especially wants to kiss Swish on his one good eye!

    Love,
    S-Dog

    Pee S. GO WINGS! :-) Mom is already dreading Friday morning because of the time difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston is a big gal! Almost Mack size it looks like!
    That Wag 'n Walk looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those events. So much fun. What cute smoooshie faces
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that event looks fun! I hope that Boston girl wasn't trying to hit on you...I mean, you are a beefcake and all. Mom is laughing because she ALMOST got a Frenchie right before we got Coco. She still wants one but Dad says no way Hosea. Anyway, Coco just loves the pic towards the end of Swish in his bandana. That one is frame worthy for sure.
    We sent out Swish's Bday pressies today, but have no fear, I insisted on sending you duplicates of all but one thing Oakley.

    Birthdays:
    Coco - Feb.14 (Truly!)
    Kitty - June 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. We WANT you T-SHIRT!!!! So funny...were did you get it?

    Ok so that walk looked long Sequoia had to get a drink of water after reading that post. Way to go guys and kudos for supporting the SPCA.

    Hugs
    S&P

    ReplyDelete